Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Caring for your family papers - book now for December workshop

Have you ever wondered...



How can I safely mount my documents and photographs into albums or scrapbooks?
What kind of photo album should I use?
Should I remove my photographs from old albums, such as black paper albums or self-stick albums?
How can I get some important documents that I own repaired?
 

Family history documents include a wide range of items such as photographs, certificates, letters, newspaper cuttings and memorabilia.

The longevity of these items can be threatened by many things including light, moisture, insects and physical damage. By taking simple precautions now, you can preserve your family history documents for future generations.

Join us in December for our popular workshop on looking after your family papers. You will get practical tips from the Conservation staff at Sheffield Archives on how to preserve and store your important family books, papers and photographs.

Thursday 4 December 2014, 10:30 - 12 noon
 
Sheffield Archives
52 Shoreham Street
Sheffield, S1 4SP
 
£5 per person (advanced booking with payment essential)
For further information tel: 0114 273 4753